Translation of begin in Spanish:
- he begins the day with some exercisesempieza or comienza el día con un poco de gimnasiahow does one begin a letter of condolence?¿cómo se empieza una carta de pésame?to begin work on somethingempezar or comenzar a trabajar en algomy early life was hard, he began—los primeros años de mi vida fueron duros —comenzó or empezó diciendoto begin
-ing/to + infinitiveempezar or comenzarit's beginning to rain a+ infinitiveestá empezando a lloverhe began talking o to talk about his workempezó a hablar sobre su trabajoI'd begun to think you weren't comingya estaba empezando a pensar que no vendríasthe two novels don't begin to compareno hay ni punto de comparación entre las dos novelasI can't begin to thank youno sé cómo agradecertethat won't even begin to cover the costeso no alcanza ni remotamente para cubrir los gastos
- 1.1 (start) I don't know where to beginno sé por dónde empezar or comenzarthe author begins by making his own position clearel autor empieza por aclarar cuál es su posiciónwe began with very modest meansempezamos con medios muy modestosto begin with they'll do to begin withestarán bien para empezarto begin with, he got the figures wrongpara empezar or en primer lugar, se equivocó con las cifraslet's begin at the beginning 1.2 (originate)(river)
nacer(custom)ever since the world began
- Back in Oxford, he sat on the City Council, and began his lifelong activity of prison visiting.
- He was inspired to begin work on a book about it from an African point of view.
- Diversification of the group's activities had also begun by then.
- Whether by accident or design, McKinven could be about to find that life begins at 40-or at least begins again.
- What began as an industrial campaign turned into a campaign for land rights.
- Their marker is brought back to the starting point and they begin once again.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.