Translation of benefit in Spanish:
- 1 (good) beneficio (masculine), bien (masculine); (advantage) provecho (masculine), ventaja (feminine) she is exploiting the situation for her own benefit está explotando la situación en beneficio propio or para su provecho for the benefit of your children por el bien de tus hijos the benefits of a good education las ventajas de una buena educación I didn't derive much benefit from the course no saqué mucho (provecho) del cursobenefit
tosb/sth the improvements will be of great benefit to the public las mejoras serán muy beneficiosas para el público or beneficiarán mucho al público a change will be of benefit to you un cambio te resultará beneficioso or provechoso to give sb the benefit of the doubt darle* a algn el beneficio de la dudaExample sentences
- Every other facility can only be enjoyed with the benefit of good health.
- Bishop Foley took an early lead with the benefit of a strong breeze but Gaelscoil battled hard throughout and never gave up.
- Emily Barr wrote a dark, funny novel called Backpack that, with the benefit of Chick Lit packaging, gained huge sales.
- 2 2.1 (payment from state) prestación (feminine) they are not entitled to any benefits no tienen derecho a recibir prestaciones de ningún tipo he's on unemployment benefits o (British English/inglés británico) benefit recibe subsidio de desempleo or (Chile) de cesantía, está cobrando el paro (Spain/España) 2.2 countable/numerable (perk) beneficio (masculine) or ventaja (feminine) (extrasalarial)Example sentences
- This situation in particular refers to people who receive social welfare benefits and old age pension recipients.
- Full funding for our courses can be provided for people receiving various social welfare payments or benefits.
- For longer sick leaves, they received benefits from the Social Insurance Institution.
- 3 (concert, performance) beneficio (masculine), función (feminine) benéfica; (game) [ partido con fines benéficos ]; (before noun/delante del nombre) [concert/performance/game] con fines benéficosExample sentences
- His daughter presents a one-off tribute to her dad in a benefit gig for multiple-sclerosis charities.
- An independent record store must sell to the Music Town chain unless its wacky employees can raise enough money through a benefit gig.
- They could very easily put together a benefit gig and raise the money Moo lost.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo (-t- or (in American English also/en inglés norteamericano también) , -tt-)
- [person/health/mankind] beneficiar
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo (-t- or (in American English also/en inglés norteamericano también) , -tt-)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Radio broadcasting in Spain began in the 1920s. The state-run Radio Nacional de España (RNE) was established during the Civil War. There are many private radio stations and they compete fiercely. Radio personalities are paid huge salaries, out of which they employ the staff for their programs.