Translation of betide in Spanish:
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- [literary/literario] [archaic] acaecer* [literary/literario]Example sentences
- Woe betide the person who doesn't cut back their overhanging vegetation as it severely compromises the safety of tall pedestrians with hats who use a particular footpath to mass.
- But there is an unnerving element to the intensity of his devotion to the cause, as if those teeth glint with a shark-like quality, and woe betide the person who gets in the way of that hurry.
- Armed with an exact list of what is to be bought, off we set, and woe betide the person who wanders in front of us as Mistress P beats a direct path to the chosen store.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- acaecerle* a [literary/literario] woe 1
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The name of Spain's state-run post office is correos. Stamps can be bought in an