Translation of betray in Spanish:
traicionar(promise)they betrayed their country
faltar atraicionaron a su país or a la patriato betray somebody's trustdefraudar la confianza que alguien ha puesto en unoto betray something/somebody
tosomething/somebodyhe betrayed us to the enemynos vendió al enemigoExample sentences
- If I decide to hold a double execution of the hero and an underling who failed or betrayed me, I will see to it that the hero is scheduled to go first.
- Did his god help him when his own nephew betrayed him to our enemies?
- She was made to feel guilty, as if by divulging the most obvious information, she had betrayed him - infringed on his privacy.
- Anyone who votes for them is betraying the memory of all those who fought and died fighting the Nazis.
- And of course the second thing he does through this travesty is to minimise the Holocaust itself and the crimes of the actual Nazis. and thus to betray the memory of those who died.
- But that does not betray my memory of my first husband or my love for him.
- 2 (reveal) she betrayed herself by bursting into tearsse delató al echarse a llorarher voice betrayed her nervousnesssu voz revelaba or delataba el miedo que sentíaExample sentences
- However, sources close to him say they believe the government alleged that he was betraying details of planned NATO airstrikes to the opposition leadership.
- I trusted Aunt Demeter to look out for my safety, but she betrayed every detail of my running away.
- Artie promises not to betray certain details only to show us both the promise and betrayal together.
- Neyl wriggled out of the window and held on tightly with both hands, his face betraying his shock.
- Michael's hand fell, his face betrayed the shock he felt.
- Katherine's face betrayed utter shock, then utter amusement.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.