Translation of betray in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 [ally] traicionar; [promise] faltar a; [spouse/lover] engañar, traicionar they betrayed their country traicionaron a su país or a la patria to betray sb's trust defraudar la confianza que algn ha puesto en unoto betray sth/sb
tosth/sb he betrayed us to the enemy nos vendió al enemigoExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (reveal) revelar, delatar she betrayed herself by bursting into tears se delató al echarse a llorar her voice betrayed her nervousness su voz revelaba or delataba el miedo que sentía
- If I decide to hold a double execution of the hero and an underling who failed or betrayed me, I will see to it that the hero is scheduled to go first.
- Did his god help him when his own nephew betrayed him to our enemies?
- She was made to feel guilty, as if by divulging the most obvious information, she had betrayed him - infringed on his privacy.
- Anyone who votes for them is betraying the memory of all those who fought and died fighting the Nazis.
- And of course the second thing he does through this travesty is to minimise the Holocaust itself and the crimes of the actual Nazis. and thus to betray the memory of those who died.
- But that does not betray my memory of my first husband or my love for him.
- However, sources close to him say they believe the government alleged that he was betraying details of planned NATO airstrikes to the opposition leadership.
- I trusted Aunt Demeter to look out for my safety, but she betrayed every detail of my running away.
- Artie promises not to betray certain details only to show us both the promise and betrayal together.
- Neyl wriggled out of the window and held on tightly with both hands, his face betraying his shock.
- Michael's hand fell, his face betrayed the shock he felt.
- Katherine's face betrayed utter shock, then utter amusement.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.