Translation of bias in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable or countable 1.1 (prejudice, unfairness) the political bias of the articleel sesgo político del artículothis paper has a left-wing biaseste periódico es de tendencia izquierdistashe was accused of biasse le acusó de parcialidadto be without biasser imparcialthe firm's bias in favor of younger applicants
no ser tendencioso or parcial or partidistala preferencia de la compañía por los candidatos más jóvenesExample sentences1.2 (leanings, tendency) his scientific bias
su inclinación por las cienciasthe course has a scientific biasel curso tiene un enfoque científico1.3 (in statistics) built-in biasmargen de error inherenteExample sentences
- Has there been prejudice and bias against the applicant by both the judge at first instance and by the majority of the Full Court?
- Publication bias in favour of aspirin also exists.
- In an article for today's paper, the government's transport adviser firmly rejects claims of an unfair bias in favour of London and the south-east.
- Furthermore, the statistical bias varies with the filling factor.
- Consideration of potential confounders, measures to prevent bias, and appropriate statistical analysis were mostly lacking.
- We prefer a random partition that produces a point estimate with less bias than would result from a deterministic partition.
- (judgment)my previous experiences had biased me against Chinese food
afectarexperiencias anteriores me habían predispuesto en contra de la comida chinaExample sentences
- Some of them might even be open to argument along these lines, but the overwhelming vast majority of them will be biased against your views.
- Examined from the learner's point of view, the standard approach is heavily biased against beginning students.
- Questions are already being asked about whether the lead researcher was inherently biased against the drug.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.