Translation of bin in Spanish:
- 1 (for kitchen refuse etc)(British English)
cubo (masculine) or (Southern Cone) tacho (masculine) or (Mexico) bote (masculine) or (Colombia) caneca (feminine) or (Venezuela) tobo (masculine) de la basura(wastepaper basket) (British English)
caneca (feminine) (Colombia)also: litter binExample sentences
- Bin wagons, rubbish bins and boxes are all in line for a major shake-up to smooth the way for kerbside recycling.
- The level of organisation is very impressive, though I'm not sure about the symbolism of the count supervisors using an empty ballot box as a rubbish bin.
- He pointed it out to me and I walked across to the bin and deposited the package of shells.
- 2 (for grain)(for coal)
carbonera (feminine)(for goods in shop)
cajón (masculine)Example sentences
- There have also been problems with the brown bin or composting bin service, with a handful of households contaminating it with dead animals and non-recyclable waste.
- We have a worm farm and compost bin, have planted fruit trees and vegetables and plan to plant up an area of natives next week.
- The scheme is designed to encourage residents to take part in council schemes, which include a compost bin offer and nappy laundering services.
transitive verb -nn-(British English)
- 1 (discard)tirar a la basura
botar a la basura (Latin America except River Plate area)Example sentences
- Hence the string of television programmes that have been commissioned of late showing people binning their PAYE existence, going out on a limb and living by their own wits.
- Unfortunately, I'd recently stocked on this stuff and so had to put the case for phasing a new (yet to be announced) brand in rather than binning it all.
- Dr Oppenheim said: ‘I think the director dealt with the responses in a very restrained manner when she could have just binned them.’
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.