Translation of blag in Spanish:
- 1 (violent robbery)Example sentences
- Though he is a small-time criminal he boasts of big time blags and heavy criminal acquaintances.
- Two men armed with a black handgun and a driver in the gang's getaway car are being sought in connection with the blag.
- Less than an hour later, police were alerted by a silent alarm to a second blag in neighbouring Lacey.
- 2 (pretense)camelo (masculine) [colloquial]chamullo (masculine) (Chile) [colloquial]Example sentences
- Convincing the manager you deserve a refund and swaying the librarian to waive your overdue fees - these are blags, times when we use our tongues to make our lives easier.
- One especially brazen blag at an art exhibition (entered through charm, obviously) somehow resulted in a catalogue signed and personally dedicated by the artist.
- It was a phenomenal blag on his part, since most of Balding's horses were chasers, and at that time he had ridden not one chase over the big fences.
transitive verb -gg-
- 1 (obtain by deception)conseguir con camelos [colloquial]conseguir con chamullos (Chile) [colloquial]
Definition of blag in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.