Translation of blag in Spanish:
- 1 (violent robbery)Example sentences
- Though he is a small-time criminal he boasts of big time blags and heavy criminal acquaintances.
- Two men armed with a black handgun and a driver in the gang's getaway car are being sought in connection with the blag.
- Less than an hour later, police were alerted by a silent alarm to a second blag in neighbouring Lacey.
- 2 (pretense)Example sentences
- Everybody else thought we were dodgy work-experience students on the blag.
- There didn't seem to be any point in trying to continue the blag, so the three of us nodded mutely.
- It was a phenomenal blag on his part, since most of Balding's horses were chasers, and at that time he had ridden not one chase over the big fences.
transitive verb -gg-
- 1.1 (obtain by deception)conseguir con camelos [colloquial]1.2 (rob with violence)
conseguir con chamullos (Chile) [colloquial]Example sentences
- The blaggers blagged the jewels in the biggest blag I've ever seen.
- That makes registering domain names more popular than stealing cars in the UK - during 1999 an average of two cars were blagged every minute.
Definition of blag in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.