Translation of blame in Spanish:
- 1 (find responsible)echarle la culpa adon't blame me if you get into trouble
culparno me eches la culpa a mí or no me culpes a mí si te metes en líosto blame somebody
forsomethingculpar a alguienthey blamed her for everything dealgo
echarle la culpa
dealgo aalguienla culparon a ella de todoshe blames herself for the accident
le echaron la culpa de todo a ellase siente culpable del accidenteto be to blame for somethingtener la culpa de algothey were entirely to blame for what happened
ser responsable de algotuvieron toda la culpa de lo que pasóno one's to blameno es culpa de nadieyou have only yourself to blame
nadie tiene la culpatú tienes toda la culpa
la culpa es solo tuyaExample sentences
- I still did not like the tone of the meeting, during which I felt like the principal was somehow blaming the situation on me.
- He has blamed their financial situation on a national downturn in tourism and the impact of the floods.
- People have blamed this phenomena on many things.
- 2 (apportion responsibility for)to blame something
onsomebody/somethingecharle la culpayou can always blame it on the weather/me dealgo aalguien/algosiempre puedes echarle la culpa al tiempo/echarme la culpa a míthey blamed the theft on a young apprentice
siempre puedes achacárselo al tiempo/achacármelo a mículparon del robo a un joven aprendizExample sentences
- In his court declaration, he blames his election agent for the oversight.
- My only new reservation stems from her blaming her band for playing the wrong song.
- This study and the other one in the magazine blaming fast food and its advertising is wrong.
- 1 (responsibility) the blame for what happened lies entirely with themla culpa de lo que pasó la tienen solo ellosit's always me that gets the blamesiempre me echan la culpa a míto put or lay the blame on somebodyculpar a alguiento take or bear the blame for something
echarle la culpa a alguienasumir la responsabilidad de algowe all must share the blametodos tenemos parte de (la) culpaExample sentences
- She had made false accusations against him, made him go on the run and set him up to take the blame for her frauds.
- Put another way, the audience itself will have to take the blame for promoting such songs.
- She was also setting him up to take the blame for a fraud at the firm where she worked.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.