Translation of blanket in Spanish:
- 1 (cover) to be born on the wrong side of the blanket [euphemistic] [humorous]he was born on the wrong side of the blanketes (hijo) ilegítimoExample sentences
- Try changing feather pillows, woollen blankets and woollen clothing to cotton or synthetic materials.
- Remove cushions and soft toys, and buy bedding made from synthetic fabric rather than using feather pillows and woollen blankets.
- There are plenty of woollen blankets and fluffy white towels.
- 2 (layer) a blanket of snowun manto de nieveExample sentences
- The stars were hidden behind a thick blanket of clouds only revealed in brief patches.
- By the time 5:00 pm came around the sun had gone completely, covered by a thick blanket of clouds.
- The sky was completely covered by a thick blanket of clouds.
- (before noun, no comparative)(measure/ban)they use the word as a blanket term of abuse
globalusan la palabra como insulto indiscriminadotheir blanket coverage of the championshipsu exhaustiva cobertura del campeonatoblanket cover (Finance)cobertura (feminine) contra todo riesgoExample sentences
- There are real fears that many coal merchants, dockers and hauliers will be seriously affected if the Government's blanket ban goes ahead.
- The director of the civil rights group said blanket bans cause unacceptable breaches of innocent people's human rights.
- With this blanket ban on so many aspects of news coverage, you just don't know who to trust anymore.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.