Translation of bleed in Spanish:
- 1.1(person/wound)my nose is bleeding he bled all over the sofahe bled to deathmanchó de sangre todo el sofáhe was bleeding internallyse desangrómy heart bleeds for youtenía una hemorragia interna¡qué lástima me das!Example sentences1.2 (Botany)
(tree/plant) (exudar savia o resina)1.3 (run)(dye/color)correrseExample sentences
- In Hill's Western Front context, it might very well be ‘a word which, horribly, blends the bleeding men with the rain and mud’.
- Feel free to swim within a half hour of eating, or go into the water with bleeding open wounds.
- So a dream of bleeding gums would indicate a loss of life force through the suppression of thoughts and feelings, and lack of support for one's decisions.
- My bamboo needles have taken on a reddish hue, so I'm pretty sure the colours will bleed.
- As the sun sets, the colour bleeds from the sand until the dunes are ghostly white.
- The faux fur was drenched in water and the cheap dye bled on Becca's hands.
- 1.1 (Medicine)to bleed somebody dry o whitehacerle una sangría a1.2chuparle la sangre a alguien [colloquial](brakes/radiator)Example sentences1.3 (air/fluid)to bleed something
- How do you bleed the air from brake lines of 2002 Lincoln LS?
- Then bleed the air out of the hose, remove the tool and open the regulator to bleed the air in the tank.
- Eventually, we will all need to do some work on our brake system that will result in the need to bleed the system.
fromo out ofsomethingpurgar or sacar algo dealgoExample sentences
- It cannot be over inflated, as there is an overflow valve that bleeds excess air from the system.
- A gas operating system bleeds gas out of the barrel - usually near the muzzle - and uses it to push an operating rod, or the bolt, to the rear.
- Once ignited, the base burner unit bleeds hot gas which causes the flow of air at the base to be less turbulent.
- Legend says that he was bled to death by a treacherous nun at Kirklees in Yorkshire.
- It wasn't deep enough to bleed her to death, but enough to sting and ensure she'd scar.
- There was no need for physicians to bleed residents of this part of Ohio because the mosquitoes did the job.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.