Translation of blink in Spanish:
- there wasn't a blink of surprise when I told themni pestañearon cuando se lo dijeto be on the blink [colloquial]no marcharno andar bien (Latin America)to go on the blinkestropearsedescomponerse (Latin America)Example sentences
- I take long blinks and rarely look at the camera's screen.
- Tying a balloon at the gate to the zoo, he catches the blink of a cashier before she rings up another fee, hungers for the moment a turtle slips into water.
- Voters are seen as a strange and volatile lot, who could turn bad at the blink of an eye.
- (light)if you blink, you'll miss it! [colloquial] [humorous]
parpadearsi te descuidas, te lo pierdeshe didn't even blinkni pestañeó
ni se inmutóExample sentences
- She waited for it to go away; she blinked, shut her eyes and opened them again to no avail.
- He opened his eyes and quickly blinked as the rainwater seeped into his eyes.
- He blinked quickly and then turned to look at the half open door where his mother was leaning inside.
- Well, purchasing power is up for sure and nobody blinks at a thousand rupees for a ticket anymore.
- Why, he asks, does wearing the swastika attract widespread scorn, while no one blinks at the person wearing a hammer and sickle on his baseball cap?
- Neither mother nor child even blinked at the scene they created.
- The overhead lights blinked once, then went out, casting the compartment in darkness.
- A red light began blinking and flashing in the room, and an alarm went berserk.
- At night all the lights blink and flash, and you can hear waves of screams from the rides.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.