Translation of blitz in Spanish:
- 1.1 (Aviation, Military)bombardeo (masculine) aéreothe Blitz(el bombardeo alemán de Londres en 1940-41)Example sentences1.2 (intense attack)blitz
- I talk myself out of imagining world war-styled bombing blitzes or trench warfare, and replaced them with images of land mines and machine guns.
- Barracks, garrisons, bivouacs and encampments thus far spared came under a blitz of laser-guided bombs first used in the Gulf War.
- In December 1941 she had stood in the ruins of the Regimental Chapel after it was bombed during the blitz.
onsomethingthis weekend we're going to have a blitz on the garden [colloquial]este fin de semana vamos a atacar el jardín1.3 (in US football)Example sentences
- Mobility is supposed to be the key to success in the modern NFL, because of the blitzes thrown by opposing defenses.
- In a time when blitzes have made quarterbacking a more precarious endeavor than ever, teams that do not possess two accomplished forward passers are at risk.
- Will he be prepared for all the blitzes opposing defensive coordinators will throw at him?
bombardear (desde el aire)(American English) (Sport)
hacerle una carga (defensiva) aExample sentences
- The trademarks are quickness to the ball and aggressive pursuit of the quarterback by linemen and blitzing line-backers and defensive backs.
- For example, you can take an inside linebacker and assign him to blitz the quarterback while you get a safety to cover the area he vacates.
- They are utilizing his physical talents by playing him at the line, where he can play run support, blitz the quarterback and shadow underneath receivers.
- ‘No one knocked on our door to tell us or see if we had any objections, now there are lorries half the size of the street that have just blitzed the place,’ he said.
- Coalition forces had taken the country with relative ease, blitzing the landscape with bombs and then columns of military might.
- Traffic wardens blitzed areas of the city this week, ticketing cars that hadn't been moved after four hours of parking.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.