Translation of blunt in Spanish:
adjective -er, -est
- 1 (not sharp)(pencil)
que no tiene punta
mocho (esp Latin America)(tip/edge)
romo(knife/blade) (British English)a blunt instrument
desafiladoun objeto contundentethe act is a very blunt instrument for dealing with this problemla ley ataca el problema de manera muy burdaExample sentences
- Use a really sharp knife. A blunt knife will ‘bruise’ the onion and let more juices out, therefore more tears.
- If you prod the meat with a blunt implement, you will discover cooked meat has a different feel to uncooked meat.
- He was hit over the head with a blunt implement and was found unconscious, suffering from a fractured skull, minutes later lying on a grass verge.
- Until the 1840s, screws had a flat or blunt tip, which necessitated drilling a lead hole first in order to start the screw.
- Sea otters have flat, blunt tails as well as webbed hind paws.
- This is why spacecraft are designed with rounded noses and very blunt wings - characteristics that also increase the drag force.
- 2 (straightforward) to be blunt, it won't workpara serte franco or sincero, no creo que funcioneshe was very blunt about our shortcomingsno tuvo pelos en la lengua para señalar nuestras deficienciasExample sentences
- You are very blunt, candid and brutally honest.
- Or will they say here's a plain spoken, direct, blunt guy who may make his way in politics.
- I am blunt, straightforward, demanding of myself and others.
- 1 (remove sharpness of)(pencil/needle)
- Her sharp cheekbones blunted themselves, and her nose was once again too narrow, the chin round and stubborn.
- My next strategy has been to remain unshockable, to blunt whatever little swords my precious boy manages to pick up.
- I oblige and take the knife whose blade Jake has been blunting.
- 2 (make dull)(senses/intellect)
- It increases the number of calories the body burns each day, including calories from bodyfat, and it blunts hunger, thereby decreasing the amount of calories taken in.
- Demoralized, the Italians began a hasty retreat, but not before blunting an attack by republican forces.
- France acquired its own nuclear weapons and could assume that NATO would blunt an attack from the east even after US forces and bases had been removed from its territory.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.