Translation of blur in Spanish:
transitive verb present participle blurring past tense, past participle blurred
hacer menos claro(memory)his eyes were blurred with tears
hacer borrosolas lágrimas empañaban sus ojosExample sentences
- I took one look at them and ran back up to my room with tears blurring my vision.
- She looked at the letter but could not read it for the tears blurring her vision.
- The grey seafog sweeps in, blurring the boundary between sea and land, disorientating anyone held in its spell.
intransitive verb present participle blurring past tense, past participle blurred
- everything became a blurtodo se volvió borrosoa blur of colorsuna masa de colores indistintosmy recollection of the party is a blurtengo un recuerdo vago or borroso de la fiestaExample sentences
- There's nothing substantive to latch onto - all I remember is a blur of lights, noise and sweaty torsos.
- God, I wish I THOUGHT about what was going on then… who knows, I can only remember blurs… and Shane comes in.
- The rest of the evening throughout the night was a fast blur as the maids scurried and everyone got ready to leave.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.