Translation of bond in Spanish:
- 1 countable 1.1 (link) bonds of friendshipthe bond between mother and childlazos (masculine plural) or vínculos (masculine plural) de amistada bond had formed between themel vínculo afectivo entre madre e hijoentre ellos se había creado un vínculoExample sentences
- The country was always an unstable equilibrium, artificially held together by the iron bonds of an authoritarian and brutal regime.
- His father pushed his sleeve up and tied on a rubber bond.
- I am a link in a chain, a bond of connection between persons.
also: bonds plural(fetters)to break o burst one's bonds [literary]cadenas (feminine plural)romper sus ( or mis etc) cadenasExample sentences
- People who trust one another share a bond of faith and understanding.
- But community demands more than simply emotionally satisfying bonds between individuals.
- Yes, you can generate sales - but equally, you can generate goodwill or an emotional bond.
- Steel Fists cut the bonds holding the three prisoners.
- Ropes tightened against bonds with the swell of the sea.
- Her bonds were ropes on the hands, but her feet were chained together.
- 2 2.1 countable (joint, seal) 2.2 uncountable (adhesion) 2.3 countable (Chemistry)Example sentences2.4 uncountable (in brickwork)
- The electrons that are shared by the atoms to form the bond belong to one of these molecular orbitals.
- A covalent bond is a bond formed when two atoms share a pair of electrons.
- Opposing this tendency is the covalent bond holding the HCl molecule together.
- Bricks shall be laid in running or stretcher bond with control joints as noted on drawings.
- Like conventional bricks, adobes are laid in a running bond - an overlapping pattern - then mortared in place with adobe mud.
- The job requires a master mason to set the first course, grout bond beams, and install and tension the post-tension tendons.
- 3 (Finance) 3.1 countable (debt certificate) my word is my bond3.2 countable (insurance contract)puedes fiar de or confiar en mi palabraExample sentences
- Each union must buy an insurance bond to protect members against fraud on the part of its staff, and must also meet stringent solvency regulations.
- He says the insurance bond provides deserved protection for employees who put a lot into the company.
- We have received quite a few e-mails over recent weeks about pensions, investments and insurance bonds.
- 2 (Business)(goods)depositar bajo fianzaExample sentences
- Joint guarantee provided by several bonding companies are allowed.
- I speak specifically of lenders, bonding companies, etc.
- Both States had huge, irresponsible tax cuts which they paid for in part by bonding and borrowing.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to