Translation of bootleg in Spanish:
transitive verb -gg-
- (liquor/whiskey) (American English)to bootleg tapes/videos
dedicarse al contrabando degrabar y vender cintas/videos or (Spain) vídeos piratasExample sentences
- They bootlegged liquor during the depression, then went legit.
- Trading standards bosses at North Yorkshire County Council say that over the past year, they have discovered a number of pubs putting bootlegged whisky, vodka and rum in popular branded bottles.
- It's also expected to cut down on the import of cheaper, bootlegged alcohol by lowering the cost of buying legally-ordered supplies.
- (before noun)(whiskey/liquor)
pirata invariable adjective
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.