Translation of bootleg in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo (-gg-)
- [liquor/whiskey] (American English/inglés norteamericano) dedicarse* al contrabando de to bootleg tapes/videos grabar y vender cintas/videos or (Spain/España) vídeos piratasExample sentences
- They bootlegged liquor during the depression, then went legit.
- Trading standards bosses at North Yorkshire County Council say that over the past year, they have discovered a number of pubs putting bootlegged whisky, vodka and rum in popular branded bottles.
- It's also expected to cut down on the import of cheaper, bootlegged alcohol by lowering the cost of buying legally-ordered supplies.
- (before noun/delante del nombre) [whiskey/liquor] de contrabando; [tape] pirata (invariable adjective/adjetivo invariable)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, a school that is privately owned but receives a government grant is called a colegio concertado. Parents pay monthly fees, but not as much as in a