Translation of bootleg in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo (-gg-)
- [liquor/whiskey] (American English/inglés norteamericano) dedicarse* al contrabando de to bootleg tapes/videos grabar y vender cintas/videos or (Spain/España) vídeos piratasExample sentences
- They bootlegged liquor during the depression, then went legit.
- Trading standards bosses at North Yorkshire County Council say that over the past year, they have discovered a number of pubs putting bootlegged whisky, vodka and rum in popular branded bottles.
- It's also expected to cut down on the import of cheaper, bootlegged alcohol by lowering the cost of buying legally-ordered supplies.
- (before noun/delante del nombre) [whiskey/liquor] de contrabando; [tape] pirata (invariable adjective/adjetivo invariable)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...