Translation of born in Spanish:
past participle of → bear1
- 1to be born when was she born?¿cuándo nació?to be born blindshe was born blindes ciega de nacimientothe young are born blindlas crías nacen ciegasto be born luckynacer con suertepoets are born not madelos poetas nacen, no se hacento be born
intosomethinghe was born into a Protestant family/the aristocracynació en el seno de una familia protestante/aristócrataborn into povertynacido en la pobrezato be born into the world [literary] to be born ofsomebody/somethingshe was born of middle-class parentssus padres eran de clase mediawith the confidence born of experience
nació en una familia de clase mediacon la confianza que da la experienciato be born
tosomebody [formal] a child was born to themtuvieron un hijoI wasn't born yesterday, you know!¡oye, que no nací ayer or [colloquial] que no me chupo el dedo!there's one born every minute!hay tontos para repartir or para dar y venderwere you born in a barn?¿es que traes cola? (Latin America)young people today don't know they're born!los jóvenes de hoy no saben lo que tienenborn Jane Smith(real name) cuyo verdadero nombre es/era Jane Smith(neé) de soltera Jane Smith
- (before noun)(teacher/actor/leader/musician)she has a born aptitude for teaching
natotiene una aptitud innata para la enseñanzain all my born days [colloquial]en toda mi vidahe's a born losersiempre ha sido y será un perdedorExample sentences
- He thrived in the training and displayed the natural attributes of a born soldier.
- Are you a born investment banker?
- Are you a born athlete?
- Balcon felt he was born to be a soldier.
- He was born to be an actor, and when he conscientiously set himself to a task he could blend his genius with a thoroughly sound and intelligent craftsmanship.
- He was born to serve and served his primary constituency diligently.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.