Translation of bowel in Spanish:
- 1 [Anatomy/Anatomía] also large bowel intestino (masculine) grueso to move o open one's bowels hacer* de vientre, ir* de cuerpo, mover* el vientre or el intestino (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) [formal]Example sentences
- The large intestine or large bowel consists of the colon and the section before the anus, the rectum.
- This misplaced tissue may be found on the ovaries, uterus, bowel, pelvis and abdomen.
- Cancer of the small bowel, the longer, thinner part of the intestines is much rarer.
- 2(bowels plural)[literary/literario] in the bowels of the earth en las entrañas de la tierraExample sentences
- But what if someone stood up and admitted whatever he held deep within the bowels of his soul.
- Deep in bowels of the mansion was the epicentre of communication technology and field command.
- He would have to take it deep into the bowels of the earth, for the glorious Garland Battle was about to begin.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Did you know that Antena 3 was Spain's first private television channel? It began broadcasting in 1989. Its proprietors include the conservative newspapers La Vanguardia and ABC.