Translation of brace in Spanish:
- 1 (support) abrazadera (feminine)Example sentences
- Once you have it exact, nail some temporary cross braces from the ledger to the joists at an angle to keep the joists in place.
- For large repairs, build a wooden form and hold it in place with wooden braces, bricks, concrete blocks, or similar heavy objects.
- Stiffening in the other vertical plane is added by diagonal braces between the lattice girders on both gable walls.
- 2 2.1 [Dentistry/Odontología] brace 1 4 2 2.2 [Medicine/Medicina] aparato (masculine) ortopédicoExample sentences
- Traditional and conservative treatments include bed rest, ice followed by heat therapy, medication regimens, braces, and physical therapy.
- Emergency crews had to fit a neck brace to the injured woman and push the Cavalier back on to its wheels before she could be rescued.
- Pain medicines, back braces, and physical therapy may also be used.
- 3 (drill) berbiquí (masculine) brace and bit berbiquí y barrenaExample sentences
- He presented a broad overview of bit history and discussed many types of boring tools for the brace, including several types of bits.
- As with so many other pre-nineteenth century tools, we have much to learn about early braces, their designs, and their fabrication.
- The tool also includes a means for rotating the cutting edge, usually using a brace or bit stock, a wrench, or a handle.
- 4(braces plural)4.1 (British English/inglés británico) [Clothing/Indumentaria] tirantes (masculine plural), cargaderas (feminine plural) (Colombia) , tiradores (masculine plural) (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) , suspensores (masculine plural) (Chile) 4.2 [Dentistry/Odontología] aparato(s) (masculine (plural)), brackets (masculine plural), frenos (masculine plural), fierros (masculine plural) (Mexico/México) (Peru/Perú) , frenillos (masculine plural) (Latin America/América Latina)Example sentences
- The second phase consists of the removal of extra teeth, the insertion of dental implants if teeth are missing, and the straightening of teeth using braces.
- Your child will be asked to put on a hospital gown and to remove any loose orthodontic braces, false teeth and jewellery.
- What once was a symbol of preteen anguish - a mouth filled with metal wires and braces - has become a relic of the past.
- He wore a bowler hat, white shirt, trousers and braces like the main character and would become aggressive and menacing when he played the film music.
- The display cabinets house socks, handkerchiefs, underwear, braces, belts - I am sure there are drawers and drawers of treasures beneath hiding away.
- R.L. comes lumbering out onto the porch, looking old and tired, wearing mud-smeared trousers held up with braces and a checked shirt fraying at the collar.
- 5(plural brace)(pair) (British English/inglés británico) par (masculine) they took home two brace of pheasant cobraron dos pares de faisanesExample sentences
- The saloon deck was a Noah's Ark of Labradorians: there were Celts two by two, pairs of Indians, a brace of hunters and thick, hot knots of Inuit and icemen.
- Among the groups and couples were a brace of men eating in appreciative silence at tables for one - something I've always thought is a sign of a top kitchen.
- The gap was still one hole at the turn, after a brace of deuces at the short ninth from Westwood and Haas.
- 6 [Printing/Imprenta] llave (feminine), corchete (masculine) redondoExample sentences
- This is shown in Figure 7 with the brace indicating the route segment with shorter signpost spacings.
- Whatever you choose, put the appropriate word between curly braces.
- Note that parentheses indicate faces, whereas braces indicate forms.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
reflexive verb/verbo reflexivo
- to brace oneself for sth prepararse para algo brace yourself, John won the prize agárrate, John se ganó el premio [colloquial/familiar]
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the