Translation of bracket in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 [Printing/Imprenta] corchete (masculine) to open/close brackets abrir*/cerrar* corchetes in brackets entre corchetes curly brackets llaves (feminine plural), corchetes (masculine plural) redondos 1.2 (parenthesis) (British English/inglés británico) paréntesis (masculine) to add sth in brackets agregar* algo entre paréntesisExample sentences
- Total available marks are given in brackets, followed by the marks actually awarded.
- The numbers according to the older 64-section scheme are given in brackets though not used.
- How refreshing it is to see that most of the adverts for farmland are given in acres often with the hectarage given in brackets.
- 2 (category) income bracket nivel (masculine) de ingresos the best car in this price bracket el mejor coche dentro de esta gama de precios his work is difficult to put in any particular bracket su obra es difícil de catalogar the 25-30 age bracket el grupo etario de entre 25 y 30 años
- 3 (support) soporte (masculine); (for shelves) escuadra (feminine)Example sentences
- One of York's free-standing gas lamps in the small road off Lawrence Street was to be replaced with an up-to-date electric mercury discharge lamp attached to a wall bracket.
- An adhesive strip on the back wall attaches the bracket to the support surface.
- Use wall mounted baskets attached to shelf brackets for an attractive shelf that can hold bathroom supplies or home office paperwork.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 [word/phrase] poner* entre corchetes; (in parentheses) (British English/inglés británico) poner* entre paréntesis 1.2 (categorize) catalogar* she has been bracketed as a romantic se la ha catalogado de romántica you can't bracket these two cases together no se puede equiparar estos dos casos
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Primaria is the name given in Spain to the first of the two compulsory levels of education. It is for pupils between six and twelve years of age and leads to the