Translation of bracket in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (Printing) to open/close bracketsin bracketsabrir/cerrar corchetescurly bracketsentre corchetes1.2 (parenthesis)llaves (feminine plural)corchetes (masculine plural) redondos(British English)to add something in bracketsagregar algo entre paréntesisExample sentences
- Total available marks are given in brackets, followed by the marks actually awarded.
- The numbers according to the older 64-section scheme are given in brackets though not used.
- How refreshing it is to see that most of the adverts for farmland are given in acres often with the hectarage given in brackets.
- 2 (category) See examples:income bracketthe best car in this price bracketnivel (masculine) de ingresoshis work is difficult to put in any particular bracketel mejor coche dentro de esta gama de preciosthe 25-30 age bracketsu obra es difícil de catalogarel grupo etario de entre 25 y 30 años
- 3 (support)(for shelves)Example sentences
- One of York's free-standing gas lamps in the small road off Lawrence Street was to be replaced with an up-to-date electric mercury discharge lamp attached to a wall bracket.
- An adhesive strip on the back wall attaches the bracket to the support surface.
- Use wall mounted baskets attached to shelf brackets for an attractive shelf that can hold bathroom supplies or home office paperwork.
- 1.1(word/phrase)poner entre corchetes(in parentheses) (British English)1.2 (categorize) she has been bracketed as a romanticponer entre paréntesisyou can't bracket these two cases togetherse la ha catalogado de románticano se puede equiparar estos dos casosExample sentences
- Previous studies had suggested that people automatically bracket one another in terms of race, sex and age.
- The spread of negligence liability would not have to result in the broadening of the traditional category of mens rea, and would not mean that intention, recklessness, and negligence would henceforth be bracketed together.
- So much has the Nazi period become the incarnation of evil that even suggesting that other absolutisms, including extreme racist nationalisms, can be bracketed with it seems to diminish the horror of the Third Reich.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.