Translation of bracket in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (Printing) to open/close bracketsabrir/cerrar corchetesin bracketsentre corchetescurly bracketsllaves (feminine plural)
corchetes (masculine plural) redondosExample sentences1.2 (parenthesis) (British) to add something in brackets
agregar algo entre paréntesis
- Total available marks are given in brackets, followed by the marks actually awarded.
- The numbers according to the older 64-section scheme are given in brackets though not used.
- How refreshing it is to see that most of the adverts for farmland are given in acres often with the hectarage given in brackets.
- 2 (category)income bracketnivel (masculine) de ingresosthe best car in this price bracketel mejor coche dentro de esta gama de precioshis work is difficult to put in any particular bracketsu obra es difícil de catalogarthe 25-30 age bracketel grupo etario de entre 25 y 30 años
- 3 (support)(for shelves) escuadra (feminine)Example sentences
- One of York's free-standing gas lamps in the small road off Lawrence Street was to be replaced with an up-to-date electric mercury discharge lamp attached to a wall bracket.
- An adhesive strip on the back wall attaches the bracket to the support surface.
- Use wall mounted baskets attached to shelf brackets for an attractive shelf that can hold bathroom supplies or home office paperwork.
- 2 (categorize) she has been bracketed as a romanticse la ha catalogado de románticayou can't bracket these two cases togetherno se puede equiparar estos dos casosExample sentences
- Previous studies had suggested that people automatically bracket one another in terms of race, sex and age.
- The spread of negligence liability would not have to result in the broadening of the traditional category of mens rea, and would not mean that intention, recklessness, and negligence would henceforth be bracketed together.
- So much has the Nazi period become the incarnation of evil that even suggesting that other absolutisms, including extreme racist nationalisms, can be bracketed with it seems to diminish the horror of the Third Reich.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.