Translation of brain in Spanish:
- 1 (organ) the human brainel cerebro humanoExample sentences
- This occurs as a result of damage to soft brain tissue when the brain rattles against the skull.
- It is a precious tissue like the nervous tissue of the brain, spinal cord and heart muscle, as it cannot heal like the other tissues.
- Stem cells are harvested from bone marrow, umbilical cords, the brain and spinal cord and other tissues.
- 2 (intellect) she's got a good braines muy inteligentehis brain is still as agile as everla cabeza le sigue funcionando perfectamenteto be bored out of one's brain (British) [colloquial]estar aburrido como una ostra [colloquial]to have something on the brain [colloquial]tener algo metido en la cabezashe's got that boy on the braintiene a ese chico metido en la cabezatiene el seso sorbido por ese chico [colloquial]
- 3 (clever person) the best brains in the countrylos mejores cerebros del paíssee also→ brainsExample sentences
- Could this be the big mo for Ben, Mena and Anil, the brains and the energy behind Typepad and Movable Type?
- It's time to ask Tommy Champion, the brains and energy behind this event some questions.
- Ansett liberated them from the old firm and set them up in KordaMentha (putting the brains of the outfit up front there).
- [colloquial]romperle la crisma a [colloquial]I'll brain you if you don't shut up!¡te rompo la crisma si no te callas! [colloquial]Example sentences
- And in the morning when I looked at him, I asked what he was in for, it seemed that he'd brained his superior officer with a rifle butt.
- In these streets he met Anitus, the king of the country, and brained him with his club, which was the fashion among gentlemen in those days.
- Girls that like braining other girls with lacrosse sticks?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.