Translation of bread in Spanish:
- 1 (Cookery) white/wholemeal breada slice of bread and butterpan blanco/integralto live on bread and wateruna rebanada de pan con mantequilla or (River Plate area) mantecabread and circusesvivir a pan y aguato be somebody's bread and butterteaching is his bread and butterpan y circotourism is this country's bread and butterse gana la vida enseñandoto break bread with somebody [literary]este país subsiste gracias al turismoto cast one's bread upon the waters [literary]compartir la mesa con alguiento earn one's bread (and butter)hacer (el) bien sin mirar a quiénto know which side one's bread is buttered (on)ganarse la vida or [literary] el panhe knows which side his bread's buttered onsaber lo que conviene (a uno)to take the bread out of somebody's mouthsabe lo que le convieneto want one's bread buttered on both sidesquitarle el pan de la boca a alguienquerer el oro y el moroquerer la chancha y los cinco reales or la chancha y los veinte (River Plate area) [colloquial]Example sentences
- Unfortified whole wheat bread and bread baked from cake flour will still be available.
- Substitute whole-grain flour for half or all of the white flour when baking bread.
- Baking a loaf of bread will change the way you think about food.
- 2 (money) [slang] [dated]Example sentences
- It makes sense to use your head and spread the bread.
- The uncreative tell the creative what to do because they want the bread.
- She's going to be tired and irritable, and bound to bring up the subject of who earns the bread.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...