Translation of bream in Spanish:
noun plural bream
- 1.1 (freshwater fish)Example sentences1.2 (saltwater fish)
(cualquier pez de la familia de los espáridos como el pargo o la dorada)red breamExample sentences
- Experts will try to net all the native carp, bream and tench in the lake and take them to a fish farm before putting the poison into the water.
- This holds some big roach, bream, tench, rudd and carp.
- The fish appear to be feeding hard again after the spawning season, and the other lakes in this area should also fish well, with roach, rudd, bream and some tench available to be caught.
- After two hours all he's got is a tiddler bream and a silver trevally with poisonous spines.
- Shoals of saddled bream and horse mackerel loitered mid-water.
- I was heartened to also see good concentrations of dentex bream, the northern Mediterranean's equivalent of the barracuda.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.