Translation of breast in Spanish:
- 1 countable (chest) she clasped the child to her breast [literary]apretó al niño contra su pecho or [literary] contra su senoto beat one's breast to make a clean breast of somethingconfesar algohe made a clean breast of itlo confesó todoExample sentences
- The growth can invade local tissues of the breast and chest wall as well as spread through the blood and lymphatic systems.
- She sat on the back seat, pressing the envelope to her breast.
- When he woke up, he found Maria sound asleep on his breast.
- 2 countable (of woman) (before noun) breast cancercáncer (masculine) de mama or de pechoExample sentences
- All had terminal cancer of the breast, lung, gastrointestinal system or prostate gland.
- You may notice pink, red or purple streaks along your abdomen, breasts, upper arms, buttocks or thighs.
- The most researched cancers are those of the bowel, breast, endometrium, prostate, testes, and lung.
- 3 countable or uncountable (Cookery) (of chicken, turkey) breast of lambpecho (masculine) de corderoExample sentences
- The young birds' breasts showed orange now as they looked hungrily to her, their eyes black and empty.
- Then it preened its scaly breast feathers with a wide beak.
- Be sure that it is the native pigeon, a large bird with white plumage on its breast.
- Then for my entree: boneless fried chicken breasts, sweet potato fries, and noodle kugel.
- Plus, tuna has virtually zero saturated fat, which you can't say about red meat or even a breast of chicken.
- Season remaining three chicken breasts with salt and white pepper.
- 4 countable (of jacket, coat) (before noun) breast pocketbolsillo (masculine) superior (de una chaqueta)Example sentences
- She had half expected him to display the garment in the breast pocket of his jacket.
- The seven-year-old buried her head in Debbie's pajamas, soaking the breast pocket of her shirt.
- He stuffed his sunglasses into the breast pocket of his shirt as his eyes searched for her.
- 1 [literary](waves/waters)
arrostrar [literary]Example sentences
- On the Potomac, swan-white power launches keep breasting the sulphurous wave.
- Two huge English gals with shoulders like walruses breasted the waves in perfect unison.
- He breasted the finish line in five hours and two minutes.
- It turned out to be the highlight of the expedition, the day they breasted the icecap.
- As the first rays of the sun breasted the peak of the mountain, the enemy slowed.
- The train made the climb and breasted the summit at a virtually steady 60 mph.
- 2 [literary](slope/hill)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.