- 1 countable/numerable 1.1 puente (masculine) to build bridges tender* un puente (de unión) we'll cross that bridge when we come to it ese problema lo resolveremos cuando llegue el momento burn1 2 1 1, burn1 2 1 1.2 (on ship) puente (masculine) (de mando) 1.3 (of nose) caballete (masculine) 1.4 (of glasses) puente (masculine) 1.5 (of stringed instrument) puente (masculine), alzaprima (feminine (with masculine article in the singular))
- 2 countable/numerable [Dentistry/Odontología] puente (masculine)
- 3 countable/numerable [Computing/Informática] puente (masculine)
- 5 countable/numerable bridge (passage) (linking section) puente (masculine)
- 6 countable/numerable (in billiards, snooker) soporte (masculine)
- [river/road] tender* or construir* un puente sobre; [differences] salvarMore example sentences
More example sentences
- Lift and stair are provided, leading to the curved walkway above, which bridges the road.
- Ties were also found covered with mortar bridging the cavity.
- Significant for bridging the two riverbanks of unequal height, its light steel structure has a delicate lace-like detail.
- The gap should also be bridged between heads of departments and principals.
- Differences on key issues could not be bridged.
- This article has attempted to show how the gap between educational theory and practice can be bridged.