Translation of bristle in Spanish:
nouncountable and uncountable
- 1(on animal) cerda (feminine)(on plant) pelo (masculine)this brush is genuine bristleeste cepillo es de pura cerdawith nylon bristlecon cerda de nylonExample sentences
- I haven't shaved for the day, so short bristles of my beard pepper my chin.
- His lip, covered with short bristles, quavered slightly.
- Golden bristles stubbled his cheeks and jaw and his hair needed a quick comb.
- 1 (stand up)(fur/hair)
ponerse de puntaExample sentences
- She stood with her fur bristling as she watched a form race across the hills towards them.
- Elanor was peering in the doorway, her fur bristling.
- Ayane shot up to a sitting position, back ramrod-straight and fur bristling.
- There was a subtle change in Adair towards defensive and Tristin stared at her as she almost bristled at him.
- At a press conference, the foreign secretary bristled at the suggestion he would be taking a message to New Delhi.
- Her lawyers bristled at suggestions there may be no other willing witnesses to bring.
- 2 (bridle)erizarsehe bristleedse erizóto bristle
atsomethingshe bristled at his rudenesssu grosería la irritó or la enfureció
- 3 (have many)to bristle
withsomethingthe place was bristling with touristsel lugar estaba repleto de turistasel lugar estaba plagado de turistas [derogatory]a bristling mustacheun bigote hirsutoto bristle with difficultiesestar erizado de dificultadesExample sentences
- They bristled with weapons and were covered from head to foot in thick armor.
- In the beginning, the area had been crawling with soldiers and bristling with guns.
- It's nondescript, faceless - yet bristling with hubris.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.