Translation of bristle in Spanish:
noun/nombrec and u
- 1.1 (on animal) cerda (feminine); (on plant) pelo (masculine) this brush is genuine bristle este cepillo es de pura cerda with nylon bristle con cerda de nylonExample sentences1.2 (on human) his face was covered in bristle(s) tenía la barba crecida
- I haven't shaved for the day, so short bristles of my beard pepper my chin.
- His lip, covered with short bristles, quavered slightly.
- Golden bristles stubbled his cheeks and jaw and his hair needed a quick comb.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1.1 (stand up) [fur/hair] erizarse*, ponerse* de punta 1.2 (bridle) erizarse* he bristleed se erizóto bristle
atsth she bristled at his rudeness su grosería la irritó or la enfureció 1.3 (have many)to bristle withsth the place was bristling with tourists el lugar estaba repleto or [pejorative/peyorativo] plagado de turistas a bristling mustache un bigote hirsuto to bristle with difficulties estar* erizado de dificultades
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...