transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [scope/horizons/interests] ampliar* travel broadens the mind los viajes amplían los horizontesMore example sentences
- Mr Walsh praised the industry's efforts in broadening and expanding its market reach at EU retail level.
- This volume sets out to correct the imbalance, though, inevitably, the theme broadens out to a variety of aspects of motherhood.
- This discussion of technical aspects of narrative broadens out in this essay into a criticism of the capitalist system and its effects.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1.1 [scope/interests] ampliarse* 1.2 (widen) [river/valley] ensancharseMore example sentences
- Lynn winks naughtily at him, and Clark's smile broadens.
- At the thought of his son, he quickly remembered the little girl who had come with him, and the smile on his face broadened.
- His eyes flipped around towards where I was hiding, and his pleasant smile broadened.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Chilean presidential palace in the capital, Santiago, is called Palacio de la Moneda.