Translation of buffalo in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -loes or , -los)
- 1.1 (wild ox) búfalo (masculine)(water buffalo)búfalo (masculine) de agua, carabao (masculine)Example sentences1.2 (bison) (American English/inglés norteamericano) bisonte (masculine), búfalo (masculine)
- Endangered species include tapir, guar and banteng, wild buffalo, serow, red dog, Asiatic elephant, and leopard.
- The world's largest concentrations of eland, forest buffalo and roan antelope were virtually destroyed.
- A woman jumped into the fray, slapped the thief and then led the buffalo by the horns to safety.
- Two hundred years ago, bison, aka buffalo, roamed North America in massive herds.
- It was conducted mainly among the buffalo hunting groups of the plains region.
- The menu features game, namely rabbit, pigeon, venison and pheasant, and from time to time buffalo and wild boar.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.