n (pl -loes or , -los)
- 1.1 (wild ox) búfalo (m)(water buffalo)búfalo (m) de agua, carabao (m)More example sentences1.2 (bison) (AmE) bisonte (m), búfalo (m)
More example sentences
- Endangered species include tapir, guar and banteng, wild buffalo, serow, red dog, Asiatic elephant, and leopard.
- The world's largest concentrations of eland, forest buffalo and roan antelope were virtually destroyed.
- A woman jumped into the fray, slapped the thief and then led the buffalo by the horns to safety.
- Two hundred years ago, bison, aka buffalo, roamed North America in massive herds.
- It was conducted mainly among the buffalo hunting groups of the plains region.
- The menu features game, namely rabbit, pigeon, venison and pheasant, and from time to time buffalo and wild boar.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Santería is a religious cult, fusing African beliefs and Catholicism, which developed among African Yoruba slaves in Cuba. Followers believe both in a single supreme being and also in orishas, deities who each share an identity with a Christian saint and who combine a force of nature with human characteristics. Rituals involve music, dancing, sacrificial offerings, divination, and going into trances.