- 1 1.1 (American English/inglés norteamericano) [Cars/Automovilismo] parachoques (masculine), paragolpes (masculine) (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) 1.2 (British English/inglés británico) [Railways/Ferrocarriles] (on train) tope (masculine); (in station) parachoques (masculine), amortiguador (masculine) de choquesMore example sentences1.3 (sth which absorbs impact) barrera (feminine)
More example sentences
- An investigation has been launched after three train carriages ran out of control before smashing through buffers and derailing yards from a busy line.
- The brakes hiss and squeal as the carriages reach the buffers.
- Fortunately, however, it fell short, and the buffers of the engine struck the other lip of the shaft with a tremendous crash.
- I believe that historical forces push us into conflict and without the law as a buffer between people, we would have a world of vendetta, a world of violence, a world of chaos.
- Safety stock is used for the same reason as lead time - to provide a buffer of inventory to reduce the chance of a back order in the face of variability.
- It can be a shield too, surely, a buffer between the committing of an act and its execution.
- 2 [Computing/Informática] memoria (feminine) intermedia or interfaz, tampón (masculine)More example sentences
- First we create a buffer that is one byte bigger than the user string and fill it with zeros.
- The data processing device may further include a write buffer for storing write data.
- You can paste the text in your copy buffer into the active window with Ctrl-A.
- 3 (pad) gamuza (feminine)