Translation of Burmese in Spanish:
noun plural Burmese
- 1 countable (person)Example sentences
- Ethnic Burmese form the majority at 67.4%, and the remainder includes the Shans, Rakhines, Mons, Chins, Kachins and the Kayahs.
- The name of the country of Burma (or Myanmar, as it is now officially known) is associated with the dominant ethnic group, the Burmese.
- They established kingdoms and expanded their territory, often in conflict with other ethnic groups such as the Burmese (Burman).
- I tried to tell her that she upheld the only force, apart from fear and greed, strong enough to bind the diverse Burmese into one nation.
- This Burmese gets his supplies from a member of the Karen hill tribes.
- There are more than 125 separate ethnic groups represented by the Burmese.
- 2 uncountable (language)Example sentences
- The Pali alphabet used for written Burmese is made up of eight vowels, three diphthongs, 32 consonants, and several tones.
- They constitute three linguistic families, Tibeto-Burman, Mon-Khmer, and Tai, although today Burmese is written and spoken by most.
- In Singapore, a police spokesman said Thursday the letter, which was written in Burmese, contained a low-grade bomb detonator.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.