- 1 (for oven) quemador (masculine) to put sth on the back burner they put the idea on the back burner dejaron la idea en suspenso por el momento, aparcaron la idea por el momento (Spain/España)More example sentences
- The blue flames of all four burners on the stainless steel hearth are flicked to high.
- Thirteen of us working for five hours in a closed kitchen with molten sugar, hot burners, and open flames.
- The cooker automatically cuts off the gas supply if the burner is accidentally extinguished.
- 2 (Comput) quemador (masculine) a DVD burner is fitted as standard cuenta con un quemador de DVD integral de serieMore example sentences
- The design for the PC's various components are in flux, with hard drives, DVD burners, video cards, memory and motherboards all being reworked.
- It was pretty, but also slow and notably devoid of drivers for CD-ROM burners, DVD players and other peripherals essential to the modern desktop computing experience.
- Home/business users will want both a DVD-ROM drive and a CD burner, and possibly a DVD burner.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.