- 1.1 (group) conciliábulo (masculine)More example sentences1.2 (plot) conspiración (feminine)
More example sentences
- In a party with its cliques and cabals, his distinguishing characteristic is that he has always had an independent streak, looking out for himself and refusing to rely on others.
- Indeed, cliques and cabals spring up and create their own behavioral benchmarks, codes of conduct simultaneously acting inclusive and exclusive.
- We do need to move forward, but as individual states with a common goal, not a superstate dominated by cliques, cabals and vested interests.
- In the popular political imagination we're familiar with the neocons as conniving militarists, masters of intrigue and cabals, graspers for the oil supplies of the world, and all the rest.
- If there is in existence a genuine cabal of intrigue and perfidy, the logical targets of such accusations were surely the members of the regime.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain the term castellano, rather than español, refers to the Spanish language as opposed to Catalan, Basque etc. The choice of word has political overtones: castellano has separatist connotations and español is considered centralist. In Latin America castellano is the usual term for Spanish.