Translation of cakewalk in Spanish:
- 1 (easy task) [colloquial/familiar] to be a cakewalk ser* pan comido [colloquial/familiar], estar* chupado or , tirado (Spain/España) [colloquial/familiar], estar* botado (Andes) [colloquial/familiar], ser* un bollo (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) [colloquial/familiar]Example sentences
- I don't think anybody knows how long it would take, and I don't think anybody should go on the impression that it's going to be easy or a cakewalk or whatever those phrases are that people use.
- The fact that the guard was a thin man considerably shorter than Walker made the task seem like a cakewalk.
- ‘To get established was not easy, it was not a cakewalk for me,’ she admits.
- I learned that the cakewalk, a highstepping dance, began on Southern plantations in the 1840s.
- It arose in the slavery period as an accompaniment to plantation dances like the cakewalk.
- Her dance revue, Le Jazz Hot, included vernacular forms like the shimmy, black bottom, shorty george and the cakewalk.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.