- (for job, election, exam) candidato, (masculine, feminine) the Republican candidate for Governor el candidato republicano a gobernadorMore example sentences
More example sentences
- He was an unsuccessful candidate in the general election and he came knocking at my door for my vote.
- I suppose that it was also a good year for many independent candidates in the general election.
- It is a chance for general election candidates to make a practical difference.
- It also claims this will also permit it to return copies of marked scripts to schools and candidates.
- The writer is a doctoral candidate in Teacher Development at the University of Toronto.
- Examiners and candidates have to manage these hybrid discourses within their conversation.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Central America and Mexico, the word 'botana' means a small portion of food, olives, peanuts etc, usually served with a drink at parties, bars, or social occasions.