- (for job, election, exam) candidato, -ta (m,f) the Republican candidate for Governor el candidato republicano a gobernadorMore example sentences
More example sentences
- He was an unsuccessful candidate in the general election and he came knocking at my door for my vote.
- I suppose that it was also a good year for many independent candidates in the general election.
- It is a chance for general election candidates to make a practical difference.
- It also claims this will also permit it to return copies of marked scripts to schools and candidates.
- The writer is a doctoral candidate in Teacher Development at the University of Toronto.
- Examiners and candidates have to manage these hybrid discourses within their conversation.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The RAE (Real Academia de la Lengua Española) is a body established in the eighteenth century to record and preserve the Spanish language. It is made up of académicos, who are normally well-known literary figures and/or academic experts on the Spanish language. The RAE publishes the Diccionario de la Real Academia Española, which is regarded as an authority on correct Spanish. Affiliated academies exist in Latin American countries.