Translation of canker in Spanish:
noununcountable and countable
- 1.1 (Medicine)úlcera (feminine) (especialmente en la boca)(before noun) canker sore (American English)Example sentences1.2 (Botany)
- This means that you swish the medicine around in your mouth, especially around your canker sore, for a few minutes before swallowing it.
- Call your doctor if your child's canker sore gets worse.
- When my husband was a little boy, the doctor told his mom he had a canker sore.
Example sentences1.3 (evil)
- Activity in the citrus orchards of central Queensland has ground to a halt as the state calls for help to deal with the mammoth task of inspecting trees for the disease canker.
- It pays to be on the lookout for apple scab, canker and mildew, tackling any problems before they become deeply ingrained and hard to treat.
- Trees appear to resist bacterial canker but are very susceptible to fire blight.
- In dry edible beans, anthracnose causes unsightly cankers on plant stems, pods, and seeds.
- As the infection progresses, trees undergo twig and branch dieback and develop stem cankers, which results in tree-death.
- He visits other chestnut trees, too, packing mud on their cankers and clipping flowers for use in breeding programs.
- Now the big question is how to curb the canker of corruption and restore much needed probity in public life.
- ‘That is the canker in the heart of the Conservative Party and that is what sparked the trouble,’ he said
- For politicians, the overstayer issue is a bit of a canker.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.