Translation of canker in Spanish:
noun/nombreu and c
- 1.1 [Medicine/Medicina] úlcera (feminine) ([ especialmente en la boca ]) (before noun/delante del nombre) canker sore (American English/inglés norteamericano) afta (feminine (with masculine article in the singular))Example sentences1.2 [Botany/Botánica] cancro (masculine)
- This means that you swish the medicine around in your mouth, especially around your canker sore, for a few minutes before swallowing it.
- Call your doctor if your child's canker sore gets worse.
- When my husband was a little boy, the doctor told his mom he had a canker sore.
Example sentences1.3 (evil) cáncer (masculine)
- Activity in the citrus orchards of central Queensland has ground to a halt as the state calls for help to deal with the mammoth task of inspecting trees for the disease canker.
- It pays to be on the lookout for apple scab, canker and mildew, tackling any problems before they become deeply ingrained and hard to treat.
- Trees appear to resist bacterial canker but are very susceptible to fire blight.
- In dry edible beans, anthracnose causes unsightly cankers on plant stems, pods, and seeds.
- As the infection progresses, trees undergo twig and branch dieback and develop stem cankers, which results in tree-death.
- He visits other chestnut trees, too, packing mud on their cankers and clipping flowers for use in breeding programs.
- Now the big question is how to curb the canker of corruption and restore much needed probity in public life.
- ‘That is the canker in the heart of the Conservative Party and that is what sparked the trouble,’ he said
- For politicians, the overstayer issue is a bit of a canker.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Venezuela, pasapalo is small portions of food that are usually served with drinks at parties, bars, and social get-togethers.