Translation of carbon in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable/no numerable [Chemistry/Química] carbono (masculine)Example sentences1.2 countable/numerable [Electricity/Electricidad] carbón (masculine)
- Combustion, or burning, is a chemical process involving carbon, hydrogen and oxygen.
- It is composed mostly of isotopes of hydrogen and helium and includes 60 other elements including neon, argon carbon, nitrogen, oxygen and iron.
- Consider the top five constituents of the cosmos, in order of their abundance: hydrogen, helium, oxygen, carbon, and nitrogen.
- The carbons last approximately 2 hours and then are replaced.
- By the 1970's there was no longer a source for the 2 1/2 inch carbons that were required for this light.
- 2 countable/numerable 2.1 (paper) carbon paper 2.2 (copy) carbon copyExample sentences
- This was in the good old days when you drew your layouts on a massive piece of grid paper outfitted with a carbon layer so there were three copies.
- All copies either had to be produced with carbons or on ‘skins’ fed through the temperamental duplicator.
- If there is a carbon, also ask for that from the clerk and shred it when you go home.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.