- 1 [Relig] cardenal (m)More example sentences
- The cardinals of the Roman Catholic Church are sealed into the Sistine Chapel for a very secret ballot.
- Certainly the pope and the church's cardinals and bishops must correct the mistakes of the past.
- On his first full day as a cardinal of the Roman Catholic Church, an 82-year-old Jesuit priest was doing a little exploring.
- 2 cardinal (number) número (m) cardinal
- 3 [Zool] cardenal (m)More example sentences
- As we had learned from those first brave chickadees, the cardinal, the robin family, and now the sparrow, communion with another life can change your perspective on the world.
- Use a feeder that holds sunflower seeds to draw cardinals, towhees and blue jays.
- Tube feeders come in many sizes and attract jays, cardinals, finches, chickadees, titmice and others.
- [rule/idea] fundamental, esencial cardinal sin pecado (m) capital cardinal virtue virtud (f) cardinalMore example sentences
- Hospital cleaning - although an issue of cardinal importance - is a subject to which only a proportion of the public relate.
- This I regard as being a point of cardinal importance in the present case.
- Although the Ten Commandments are of cardinal importance, all the commandments were given by God and are essential to Judaism.