Translation of cardinal in Spanish:
- 1 (Religion)Example sentences
- The cardinals of the Roman Catholic Church are sealed into the Sistine Chapel for a very secret ballot.
- Certainly the pope and the church's cardinals and bishops must correct the mistakes of the past.
- On his first full day as a cardinal of the Roman Catholic Church, an 82-year-old Jesuit priest was doing a little exploring.
- 3 (Zoology)Example sentences
- As we had learned from those first brave chickadees, the cardinal, the robin family, and now the sparrow, communion with another life can change your perspective on the world.
- Use a feeder that holds sunflower seeds to draw cardinals, towhees and blue jays.
- Tube feeders come in many sizes and attract jays, cardinals, finches, chickadees, titmice and others.
- Example sentences
- Hospital cleaning - although an issue of cardinal importance - is a subject to which only a proportion of the public relate.
- This I regard as being a point of cardinal importance in the present case.
- Although the Ten Commandments are of cardinal importance, all the commandments were given by God and are essential to Judaism.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than