- 1 [Religion/Religión] cardenal (masculine)More example sentences
- The cardinals of the Roman Catholic Church are sealed into the Sistine Chapel for a very secret ballot.
- Certainly the pope and the church's cardinals and bishops must correct the mistakes of the past.
- On his first full day as a cardinal of the Roman Catholic Church, an 82-year-old Jesuit priest was doing a little exploring.
- 2 cardinal (number) número (masculine) cardinal
- 3 [Zoology/Zoología] cardenal (masculine)More example sentences
- As we had learned from those first brave chickadees, the cardinal, the robin family, and now the sparrow, communion with another life can change your perspective on the world.
- Use a feeder that holds sunflower seeds to draw cardinals, towhees and blue jays.
- Tube feeders come in many sizes and attract jays, cardinals, finches, chickadees, titmice and others.
The Cortes Generales is the Spanish Parliament, consisting of two houses, the lower house or Congreso de los Diputados and the upper house or Senado. It is a legislative body, approves state budgets, and exercises other powers relating to international treaties and agreements, the autonomous regions and appointments to posts in institutions such as the Tribunal Constitucional.
- [rule/idea] fundamental, esencial cardinal sin pecado (masculine) capital cardinal virtue virtud (feminine) cardinalMore example sentences
- Hospital cleaning - although an issue of cardinal importance - is a subject to which only a proportion of the public relate.
- This I regard as being a point of cardinal importance in the present case.
- Although the Ten Commandments are of cardinal importance, all the commandments were given by God and are essential to Judaism.