Translation of cataract in Spanish:
- 1 [Medicine/Medicina] catarata (feminine) (before noun/delante del nombre) he had a cataract operation lo operaron de cataratasExample sentences
- The most common causes of visual impairment in the elderly include presbyopia, cataracts, glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy and age-related macular degeneration.
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease included asthma and chronic bronchitis, and eye disease included cataracts and glaucoma.
- This increased risk of falling may be the result of changes that come with aging plus other medical conditions, such as arthritis, cataracts, or hip surgery.
- 2 (over a precipice) catarata (feminine); (in a river) rápido (masculine)Example sentences
- A cataract is also a waterfall - a glorious force that washes away so much you're glad to be rid of, perhaps with some cleansing tears as a finale.
- The Old Cataract Hotel in Aswan, built in 1899, stands at the site of the first cataract, or waterfall, of the Nile.
- After a wet spell, the cataract is more spectacular, but the penalty is the state of the ground.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Zarzuela is a musical drama consisting of alternating passages of dialogue, songs, choruses, and dancing, that originated in Spain in the seventeenth century. Its name comes from the Zarzuela palace, Madrid. It is also popular in Latin America.