- 1 [Med] catarata (f) (before n) he had a cataract operation lo operaron de cataratasMore example sentences
- The most common causes of visual impairment in the elderly include presbyopia, cataracts, glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy and age-related macular degeneration.
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease included asthma and chronic bronchitis, and eye disease included cataracts and glaucoma.
- This increased risk of falling may be the result of changes that come with aging plus other medical conditions, such as arthritis, cataracts, or hip surgery.
- 2 (over a precipice) catarata (f); (in a river) rápido (m)More example sentences
- A cataract is also a waterfall - a glorious force that washes away so much you're glad to be rid of, perhaps with some cleansing tears as a finale.
- The Old Cataract Hotel in Aswan, built in 1899, stands at the site of the first cataract, or waterfall, of the Nile.
- After a wet spell, the cataract is more spectacular, but the penalty is the state of the ground.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Sanfermines (The festival of San Fermín) is from 6th-14th July and el encierro (the 'running of the bulls'), takes place in Pamplona in northern Spain. The animals are released into the barricaded streets and people run in front of them, in honor of the town´s patron saint, San Fermín, who was put to death by being dragged by bulls.