- 1 [Medicine/Medicina] catarata (feminine) (before noun/delante del nombre) he had a cataract operation lo operaron de cataratasMore example sentences
- The most common causes of visual impairment in the elderly include presbyopia, cataracts, glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy and age-related macular degeneration.
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease included asthma and chronic bronchitis, and eye disease included cataracts and glaucoma.
- This increased risk of falling may be the result of changes that come with aging plus other medical conditions, such as arthritis, cataracts, or hip surgery.
- 2 (over a precipice) catarata (feminine); (in a river) rápido (masculine)More example sentences
- A cataract is also a waterfall - a glorious force that washes away so much you're glad to be rid of, perhaps with some cleansing tears as a finale.
- The Old Cataract Hotel in Aswan, built in 1899, stands at the site of the first cataract, or waterfall, of the Nile.
- After a wet spell, the cataract is more spectacular, but the penalty is the state of the ground.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...