Translation of caveat in Spanish:
- 1 (warning) [formal] with the caveat that …con la salvedad de que …Example sentences
- But it is also liberally sprinkled with caveats and warnings as to the difficulties in turning up more evidence.
- But in America, we choose to ignore the caveat about conditions at our peril.
- Later the script began to talk of keeping vaccination ‘under review’ followed by a caveat listing its limitations.
- 2 (Law)(solicitud que se presenta al tribunal para que se abstenga de tomar una determinada acción sin previa notificación del solicitante)Example sentences
- When the Sheriff Clerk receives a petition against which a caveat has been lodged, it is his responsibility to give intimation to the caveator.
- According to the next sentence, the wife could have registered what we would call a caveat and she could only do that if she had a proprietary interest.
- One sees the point that is raised, but one can also see the caveat that has been put forward in the terms of the tenancy agreement to which I have referred.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.