Translation of centennial in Spanish:
- del centenarioExample sentences
- His explanation that the money saved would be budgeted towards the city's centennial celebration on New Year's didn't wash with angry citizens.
- By 1976, the year ACS celebrated its centennial anniversary, membership in the organization had grown to over 112,000 chemists, chemical engineers, and chemistry students.
- Klein announced the final $3 billion on the debt would be paid in full in time for the province's centennial celebrations next year.
- (esp US)Example sentences
- CRT will develop and implement a detailed and wide-ranging plan to increase awareness of centennial events and the centennial itself, which will occur on December 17, 2003.
- One could hardly hope to commemorate Isabella Stewart Gardner and the centennial of her museum more suitably than through the remembrance of one of her most prestigious renaissance peers.
- The centennial and bicentennial of Columbus's legendary voyages passed largely unmarked in the colonies.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.