n (pl -ries)
- 1.1 (100 years) siglo (m) in the 19th century en el siglo XIX the bargain of the century la ganga del siglo a centuries-old tradition una tradición secular or de siglosMore example sentences
More example sentences1.2 (in cricket) centena (f)
- Visitors to the Castle Museum will be able to discover more about the building's grim past centuries ago when it served as a debtors' prison.
- Tall fescue, a vigorous Old World grass introduced to the New more than a century ago, now reigns over much of this region.
- It killed one in seven Americans a little over a century ago, according to the federal Centers for Disease Control.
More example sentences
- In the third century before Christ's birth, China is a collection of seven warring states that have yet to unite into one country.
- This little house dates from the 15th century and has a traditional chimney.
- The cross bow loops in the south wall are similar to an example in the west wall of Whites Castle and may be dated to the fifteenth century.
- Has any batsman scored an unbeaten century in each innings of a Test match and still finished on the losing side?
- One of your recent answers talked about batsmen who have scored centuries against all nine possible Test opponents.
- And he is only one of four batsmen ever to score centuries in four consecutive innings, in 2002.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...