Translation of century in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -ries)
- 1.1 (100 years) siglo (masculine) in the 19th century en el siglo XIX the bargain of the century la ganga del siglo a centuries-old tradition una tradición secular or de siglosExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (in cricket) centena (feminine)
- Visitors to the Castle Museum will be able to discover more about the building's grim past centuries ago when it served as a debtors' prison.
- Tall fescue, a vigorous Old World grass introduced to the New more than a century ago, now reigns over much of this region.
- It killed one in seven Americans a little over a century ago, according to the federal Centers for Disease Control.
- In the third century before Christ's birth, China is a collection of seven warring states that have yet to unite into one country.
- This little house dates from the 15th century and has a traditional chimney.
- The cross bow loops in the south wall are similar to an example in the west wall of Whites Castle and may be dated to the fifteenth century.
- Has any batsman scored an unbeaten century in each innings of a Test match and still finished on the losing side?
- One of your recent answers talked about batsmen who have scored centuries against all nine possible Test opponents.
- And he is only one of four batsmen ever to score centuries in four consecutive innings, in 2002.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.