n (plural -ries)
- 1.1 (100 years) siglo (masculine) in the 19th century en el siglo XIX the bargain of the century la ganga del siglo a centuries-old tradition una tradición secular or de siglosMore example sentences
More example sentences1.2 (in cricket) centena (feminine)
- Visitors to the Castle Museum will be able to discover more about the building's grim past centuries ago when it served as a debtors' prison.
- Tall fescue, a vigorous Old World grass introduced to the New more than a century ago, now reigns over much of this region.
- It killed one in seven Americans a little over a century ago, according to the federal Centers for Disease Control.
More example sentences
- In the third century before Christ's birth, China is a collection of seven warring states that have yet to unite into one country.
- This little house dates from the 15th century and has a traditional chimney.
- The cross bow loops in the south wall are similar to an example in the west wall of Whites Castle and may be dated to the fifteenth century.
- Has any batsman scored an unbeaten century in each innings of a Test match and still finished on the losing side?
- One of your recent answers talked about batsmen who have scored centuries against all nine possible Test opponents.
- And he is only one of four batsmen ever to score centuries in four consecutive innings, in 2002.
Browse other language resources
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Cultural fact of the day
Today is a public holiday in Chile (Día de la Independencia)