- 1 (of cervix) del cuello del útero cervical opening cuello (masculine) del úteroMore example sentences
- Women who smoke are twice as likely as those who do not to develop cervical cancer.
- It's believed that some forms of HPV put women at greater risk for cervical cancer.
- This change in the cells of the cervix often occurs from cervical cap or diaphragm use or from infection.
- 2 (of neck) [formal] cervical cervical collar collarín (masculine), collar (masculine) ortopédico cervical vertebra vértebra (feminine) cervicalMore example sentences
- Effective speech depends also on the motor neurons in the cervical and thoracic parts of the spinal cord that serve the muscles of breathing.
- The cervical region of the spinal cord was dissected out after laminectomy.
- Most children requiring hospital admission for trauma are considered at risk of injury of the cervical spinal cord.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.