Translation of chafe in Spanish:
- 1.1 (rub) 1.2 (be frustrated)he chafed at the restrictionsirritarselo irritaban las trabasExample sentences
- They are a great way to bring everyone up to a dismal, but passable, level of performance, but at the same time, they are aggravating to more talented people who chafe at the restrictions that are placed on them.
- Bonham Carter shows us an Olivia who is feisty and strong, chafing at her restrictions and only too happy to entertain the amusing Cesario.
- The last two, in particular, chafed at the restrictions of religious orthodoxy, but like Galileo after them, chose to live and continue their researches in preference to martyrdom.
- Her hands were bound together by a painfully tight rope, chafing badly at her wrists.
- Oddly enough, though the wounds haven't bothered him in years, Jonnie is abruptly aware that his shirt collar is chafing at the rough scar tissue left over from that old attack.
- All of us had worn sheaths of kid-leather on the arm that held the bow when we began to learn archery in our childhood; otherwise, the string would have horribly chafed our delicate skins.
- A wiring bundle chafing against a fuel line eventually wore through the line and sprayed fuel on a hot bleed-air element.
- Check for upper radiator hose wear as it sits near an engine-mounting bolt and can chafe.
- There was absolutely no evidence of chafing, wear or any damage to it.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...