- 1 uncountable/no numerable [Geology/Geología] creta (feminine), caliza (feminine) to be as different as chalk and cheese (British English/inglés británico) ser* (como) la noche y el día or (como) el día y la noche (before noun/delante del nombre) chalk soil tierra (feminine) caliza or calcáreaMore example sentences
- The coccolithophorids range in age from Triassic to Recent, and form a major constituent of Mesozoic and Tertiary chalks.
- Pore-filling cementation is also common during the diagenesis of chalks, resulting in rapid porosity loss.
- The cited examples are all interpreted as large-scale erosional scour-channels, variously associated with cemented hardgrounds, conglomeratic and nodular chalks, and debris.
- 2 c and u 2.1 (for writing) tiza (feminine), gis (masculine) (Mexico/México) a piece of chalk una tiza, un gis (Mexico/México) chalk and talk (British English/inglés británico) enseñanza (feminine) tradicional ([ con profesor y pizarra ]) not by a long chalk (British English/inglés británico) [colloquial/familiar] ni mucho menos she's the best candidate by a long chalk es, con mucho, la mejor candidata 2.2 (in billiards) tiza (feminine)More example sentences
- I turned quickly and grabbed a piece of chalk off the black board on one of the walls.
- I knew white farmers whose idea of education for black children was a blackboard, a few sticks of chalk and a chair for an untrained teacher.
- This exhibition features drawings in mixed media chalk, charcoal and graphite drawings on paper which have evolved from studies of the Achill landscape.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 [billiard cue] entizar* 1.2 (write with chalk) escribir* con tiza or (Mexico/México) gis
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The National Police (Policía Nacional) was set up in Spain in 1976. Its members patrol provincial capitals and big cities, which are responsible for its finance, administration, and recruitment. Although armed, it has never been considered a repressive force, unlike the