Translation of cheesy in Spanish:
adjective -sier, -siest
(como) a quesoExample sentences1.2 (shoddy)
(American English) [slang]
- The cheddar mash had no overtly cheesy taste but was rich and creamy and the dish was served with a thick onion gravy, dotted with baby onions.
- It can give a rich, cheesy taste to an otherwise dull vegetarian soup.
- She always put yummy things in there that tasted cheesy or creamy or meaty.
de mala calidad
rasca (Southern Cone) [colloquial]Example sentences1.3 [colloquial] (toothy) (especially British English) a great, big, cheesy grin
una sonrisa de oreja a orejaExample sentences
- I do not want Cordelia getting emotional reassurance from a cheesy, cheap, plastic phone.
- I've seen people invest hundreds of dollars on a state-of-the-art graphics board, and then connect a cheap and cheesy monitor to their system.
- And that's not to mention the even more lucrative video market - the natural home for such cheap, and unashamedly cheesy, comedies.
- It features a picture of her with a cheesy smile and a low-cut dress.
- Gone are the inane card tricks, the cheesy smiles and the frilly assistants.
- Perhaps it's just the cheesy smile on the participants' faces as they surface which gets to me!
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.