Translation of cherish in Spanish:
- 1.1 (care for, value) to love and to cherishamarse y respetarseExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (cling to)
- I couldn't ever deserve him, but Lord knows how much I cherish him and care about him.
- I am, however, relieved to say that I do not instinctively want to protect and cherish her.
- Through the years I have protected you like a brother, cherished you as a friend, and admired you like a suitor.
- We hold on to beliefs as if they were cherished possessions, like trinkets that have sentimental value but no practical use.
- He was a big man who commanded much respect and his advice and wisdom was cherished by those close to the scene.
- He was supportive of many local ventures and his wisdom and sound advice was cherished and respected by all who sought his views.
also: cherished past participlea long cherished ambitionuna ambición albergada durante largo tiempohis most cherished possessionsu bien más preciado
- While he has given up any hope of her recovering, his wife cherishes the seemingly impossible dream of a miraculous return to health.
- Apart from entertaining audiences, David cherishes the thought that he is actually practicing a very important community activity.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.