Translation of chest in Spanish:
- 1 [Anatomy/Anatomía] pecho (masculine) to have a weak chest tener* problemas respiratorios to get sth off one's chest desahogarse* contando/confesando algo to play o keep one's cards close to one's chest no soltar* prenda [colloquial/familiar] chest pains dolores (masculine plural) de pecho chest specialist especialista (masculine and feminine) de las vías respiratoriasExample sentences
- Gabriel removed his shirt, and I kissed his neck, his chest, his stomach, over and over again.
- The water slowly went up to my knees, to my stomach, to my chest, to my neck.
- A rash then appears in patches, usually behind the ears, under the arms, on the chest and stomach, and the arms and legs.
- And in the late evening I was bundled off to the Accident and Emergency department suffering from bad pains in the chest.
- I would only be inflicting my germs all over you and giving you a bad chest.
- The surface of the anterior chest wall and abdominal area were sterilized with ethanol.
- 2 (box) arcón (masculine)Example sentences
- On one side of the room there were a few boxes and chests of storage, but Josie didn't mind.
- The storage chest was fairly easy, too, although it took a while to build because there were so many screws.
- She removed several ammo clips from a storage chest and fitted them into her utility belt.
- 3 (American English/inglés norteamericano) 3.1 (treasury) tesorería (feminine) 3.2 (funds) fondos (masculine plural)Example sentences
- Banks have been asked to take over the currency chests which are at present managed by the various State Government treasuries.
- She has not received that sum because she did not claim it, and therefore the Treasury chest has not been reduced by that amount.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, a school that is privately owned but receives a government grant is called a colegio concertado. Parents pay monthly fees, but not as much as in a