Translation of chick in Spanish:
- 1.1 (young chicken)pollito, (-ta) (masculine, feminine)
polluelo, (-la) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences1.2 (young bird)
pichón, (-chona) (masculine, feminine)
- A good hatch from a small incubator is indicated when 70 percent or more of the eggs hatch, and the chicks are active and fluffy.
- I also used domestic chicks with prior experience of both prey types as predators.
- In the battle against bird flu, international health authorities must handle a thriving legal trade in live birds and chicks.
polluelo, (-la) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences1.3 (young woman) [slang]
- Cuckoos con other birds into rearing their chicks because it's so much easier than doing it themselves.
- After the experiment, we monitored the experimental birds until chicks fledged.
- Scientists have discovered there is a bird that can detect cuckoo chicks in the nest.
chavala (feminine) (Spain) [colloquial]
pebeta (feminine) (River Plate area) [colloquial]
cabra (feminine) (Chile) [colloquial]Example sentences
- He used his role as a journalist to meet high school chicks, and the nation is outraged, simply outraged that a journalist would manipulate someone in that way.
- You'll see lots of attractive chicks with nothing to do and no real job descriptions.
- I'm never going to skate quite like they are, I'm never going to attract as many chicks.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.