Translation of chicken in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable/numerable [Zoology/Zoología] pollo (masculine) she's no (spring) chicken no es ninguna niña or nena to play chicken jugar* a ver quién es más gallito don't count your chickens (before they're hatched) no hay que vender la piel del oso (antes de cazarlo) he's already counting his chickens está como la lechera del cuento roost 2 1.2 uncountable/no numerable [Cookery/Cocina] pollo (masculine); (hen) gallina (feminine) (before noun/delante del nombre) chicken liver hígado (masculine) de polloExample sentences
- Most of us think we're familiar with the sounds of the domestic chicken, but not all fowl calls are created equal.
- As birds go, the domestic chicken is hardly built for high-performance flight.
- This brief summary demonstrates the level of understanding that has been gained in studying the scutate scales of the chicken.
- The meats consisted of soft shelled crab covered in spices, tender roast beef and chicken.
- The main types of meat are pork, chicken, and mutton.
- This tells us that she won't eat red meat, chicken, pork, fish or seafood.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas