Translation of chicken in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable (Zoology) she's no (spring) chickento play chickenno es ninguna niña or nenadon't count your chickens (before they're hatched)jugar a ver quién es más gallitohe's already counting his chickensno hay que vender la piel del oso (antes de cazarlo)→ roost 2 1.2 uncountable (Cookery)está como la lechera del cuento(hen)(before noun) chicken liverhígado (masculine) de polloExample sentences
- Most of us think we're familiar with the sounds of the domestic chicken, but not all fowl calls are created equal.
- As birds go, the domestic chicken is hardly built for high-performance flight.
- This brief summary demonstrates the level of understanding that has been gained in studying the scutate scales of the chicken.
- The meats consisted of soft shelled crab covered in spices, tender roast beef and chicken.
- The main types of meat are pork, chicken, and mutton.
- This tells us that she won't eat red meat, chicken, pork, fish or seafood.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.