- 1.1 countable/numerable [Zoology/Zoología] pollo (masculine) she's no (spring) chicken no es ninguna niña or nena to play chicken jugar* a ver quién es más gallito don't count your chickens (before they're hatched) no hay que vender la piel del oso (antes de cazarlo) he's already counting his chickens está como la lechera del cuento roost2 1.2 uncountable/no numerable [Cookery/Cocina] pollo (m); (hen) gallina (f) roast chicken pollo asado (before noun/delante del nombre) chicken liver hígado (masculine) de polloMore example sentences
More example sentences
- Most of us think we're familiar with the sounds of the domestic chicken, but not all fowl calls are created equal.
- As birds go, the domestic chicken is hardly built for high-performance flight.
- This brief summary demonstrates the level of understanding that has been gained in studying the scutate scales of the chicken.
- The meats consisted of soft shelled crab covered in spices, tender roast beef and chicken.
- The main types of meat are pork, chicken, and mutton.
- This tells us that she won't eat red meat, chicken, pork, fish or seafood.
The deck of cards used in Spain is called the baraja francesa. The four suits are oros, copas, espadas, and bastos, corresponding to diamonds, hearts, spades, and clubs. Each suit has nine numbered cards and three face cards - jack (sota), knight, and king. There is no queen.