n (plural children /ˈtʃɪldrən/)
- 1.1 (boy) niño (masculine); (girl) niña (feminine) a group of children un grupo de niños I've known her since I was a child la conozco desde niño or chico don't be such a child! ¡no seas niño or crío!, ¡no seas tan infantil! to be child's play ser* un juego de niños the child is father of the man lo que se mama de niño dura toda la vida (before noun/delante del nombre) child labor trabajo (masculine) de menores child prodigy niño, (masculine, feminine) prodigio child psychiatrist psiquiatra (masculine and feminine) infantil child psychiatry psiquiatría (feminine) infantil; child psychologist psicólogo, (masculine, feminine) infantil; child psychology psicología (feminine) infantil child welfare protección (feminine) a la infancia see also abuse1 2More example sentences
More example sentences1.2 (son) hijo (masculine); (daughter) hija (feminine) have you any children? ¿tiene hijos? we have two children tenemos dos hijos to be with child [literary/literario] estar* encinta to get sb with child [literary/literario] dejar a algn encinta to be great o big with child [archaic/arcaico] estar* a punto de dar a luz she's a child of the sixties es un producto de los años sesenta
- The ultrasound probe is used mainly for head scanning of newborn babies and young children.
- Malnourishment prevents a child from reaching full mental and physical development.
- Is it inevitable when a baby or a young child gets these autoantibodies that they go on to develop diabetes?
- The couple had three children, a daughter and two sons who work in the business.
- She said that if she had children she would want daughters like Holly.
- I have chosen to stay at home to bring up my daughter and any other children that I may choose to have.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Pulque is a thick, white, Mexican alcoholic drink made from fermented maguey juice; the sacred drink of the Aztecs. It is drunk without being aged, sometimes with added fruit or vegetable juice. Pulquerías are bars where it is drunk.