Translation of child in Spanish:
noun plural children
- 1.1 (boy)(girl)a group of children
niña (feminine)un grupo de niñosI've known her since I was a childla conozco desde niño or chicodon't be such a child!¡no seas niño or crío!to be child's play the child is father of the man
¡no seas tan infantil!lo que se mama de niño dura toda la vidasee also → abuse 1 2Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (son)
- The ultrasound probe is used mainly for head scanning of newborn babies and young children.
- Malnourishment prevents a child from reaching full mental and physical development.
- Is it inevitable when a baby or a young child gets these autoantibodies that they go on to develop diabetes?
(daughter)have you any children?
- The couple had three children, a daughter and two sons who work in the business.
- She said that if she had children she would want daughters like Holly.
- I have chosen to stay at home to bring up my daughter and any other children that I may choose to have.
hija (feminine)¿tiene hijos?we have two childrentenemos dos hijosto be with child [literary]estar encintato get somebody with child [literary]dejar a alguien encintato be great o big with child [archaic]estar a punto de dar a luzshe's a child of the sixtieses un producto de los años sesenta
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.