Translation of child in Spanish:
noun plural children
- 1.1 (boy)(girl) niña (feminine)a group of childrenun grupo de niñosI've known her since I was a childla conozco desde niño or chicodon't be such a child!¡no seas niño or crío!to be child's play the child is father of the man
¡no seas tan infantil!lo que se mama de niño dura toda la vidasee also → abuse 1 2Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (son)
- The ultrasound probe is used mainly for head scanning of newborn babies and young children.
- Malnourishment prevents a child from reaching full mental and physical development.
- Is it inevitable when a baby or a young child gets these autoantibodies that they go on to develop diabetes?
(daughter) hija (feminine)have you any children?¿tiene hijos?we have two childrentenemos dos hijosto be with child [literary]estar encintato get somebody with child [literary]dejar a alguien encintato be great o big with child [archaic]estar a punto de dar a luzshe's a child of the sixtieses un producto de los años sesenta
- The couple had three children, a daughter and two sons who work in the business.
- She said that if she had children she would want daughters like Holly.
- I have chosen to stay at home to bring up my daughter and any other children that I may choose to have.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.